Learning, Literature and Literacies
Conference proceedings available - 30 selected papers from the conference program.
Join colleagues from Australia and overseas in our beautiful cultural city of Adelaide for Australia's premier event for those with an interest in school libraries and teacher librarianship.
School libraries play an important role within school communities as centres for teaching and learning, and breaking new ground in the application of information and communication technologies in the delivery of library and information services.
ASLA XX conference provides a national forum for teacher librarians, school library staff, information specialists, executive staff members, classroom teachers and school library academics to share their knowledge and engage in productive dialogue.
The conference theme, Hearts on Fire: Sharing the Passion, is designed to challenge thinking, encourage reflection on current practice, and ignite the passion of the profession.
I. Learning: sharing the passion for teaching and learning
II. Literature: sharing the passion for appreciating and creating literature
- Engaging learners through collaborative teaching
- Building dynamic learning environments
- Contributing to student learning through evidence-based practice
- Learning and leading as information specialists
III. Literacies: sharing the passion for traditional and emerging literacies
- Authors and illustrators sharing their passion for reading, writing and illustrating
- Storytelling providing a vehicle for cultural and social aspiration
- Emerging technologies inspiring young people to compose, create and collaborate
- Solutions integrating access to traditional and digital literary forms
- Multiliteracies equipping lifelong learners
- Information and critical literacies in a Web 2.0 world
- School libraries connecting with communities
- Professionals demonstrating commitment to standards and values
Last updated: 14/06/2013 11:15:43