By-law 6: Meetings
Accepted: 7 December 2011
The annual calendar of meetings, as approved by the Board, will be available to members via the website. Members will be notified of the meeting schedule via email.
The President and Office Bearers, in consultation with the Board, shall prepare the agenda for meetings. The Board or members, depending on the meeting, will be notified by email of the agenda at least 14 days prior to the meeting, unless special resolutions are to be considered, and then a 21 day notice will apply.
6.2. Format & business
Meetings may be held in any of the following ways depending on the type of meeting:
- Face-to-face location
- Virtual location
The chairperson of meetings shall be the President. If the President is unavailable then the Vice President will chair the meeting.
The chairperson, with the consent of members present at the meeting, may adjourn the meeting to allow discussion. No business is transacted during this time until the meeting has been resumed.
The following standing orders shall be adopted for each meeting:
- Office Bearers and Directors may vote. Voting Members, or their proxies, may vote at General Meetings and Annual General Meetings.
- Office Bearers and Directors may propose or second motions of meeting. Voting Members, or their proxies, may propose or second motions of meeting at General Meetings and Annual General Meetings.
- All other members of the Association, including ex-officio members, may take part in any meeting and engage in discussion under the direction of the chairperson.
6.2.2. Board Meetings
- controls and manages the affairs of the Association; and
- may exercise all functions that may be approved by the Association; and
- has power to perform all acts and do all things that appear to the Board to be necessary or desirable for the proper management of the affairs of the Association; and
- has power to delegate functions to Project Teams according to established terms of reference; and
- has power to appoint and dismiss remunerated personnel of the Association; and
- shall, at all times, act in the interests of the Association.
The business of the Board is to:
- receive reports from Office Bearers, remunerated officers and Project Teams; and
- receive and consider the progressive financial statements of the Association; and
- receive proposals from Directors; and
- vote on matters relevant to the transaction of the business of the Association; and
- receive annual reports from Member Associations.
6.2.3. Annual General Meeting
The business of the Annual General Meeting will be to:
- confirm the minutes of the last Annual General Meeting and of any General Meeting held since that meeting; and
- to receive reports from the Board on the activities of the Association during the last financial year; and
- to elect and confirm the appointment of Directors, as required; and
- to receive and consider the audited statement of accounts, the auditor’s report and the net profit and loss of the Association in respect of the most recently ended financial year; and
- to appoint the Association’s auditor in accordance with the Act.
A majority of votes carries motions of all meetings, including Project Team meetings, and, in the event of a tied vote the chairperson shall have second or casting vote.
Special resolutions (or substantive motions) are processed at a General Meeting. A special resolution is passed if the majority of the Voting Members present vote in favour of the resolution (either in person or by proxy).
The Secretary shall record the minutes of meetings. In the absence of the Secretary, the Chief Executive Officer, or a nominated Director, shall record the minutes of the meeting.
Minutes of the Annual General Meetings and General Meetings will be available online via the web portal to members. Members will be notified by email of the availability of the minutes.
Summary reports from the Board Meetings will be available online via the web portal to members and published in Access. Members will be notified by email of the availability of the reports.
Last updated: 17 May 2015
Last updated: 6/8/2015 2:13:15 PM