Providing Access to Information
The effective use of information sources in the learning program is facilitated by access to information provided by systems and services managed through the school's information services. With their specialised knowledge of and expertise in information access, teacher librarians provide systems for effective information use in and beyond the school.
These systems include:
- the identification and selection of suitable information sources
- the application of national standards to the cataloguing of information sources
- the organization, storage and circulation of resources
- the ensuring of maximum use and access of resources
- the availability and use of information and communication technology (ICTs)
- the application of the principles of intellectual freedom and copyright.
(Learning for the future: developing information services in schools, Second edition, p. 34 & 35)
Click here to read more about Learning for the Future
Last updated: 12/08/2013 22:31:38